David T Lee
Professor of Practice
Professor David Lee has been teaching physics, materials analysis, and biomedical engineering since obtaining his Ph.D. in Experimental Physics from Ohio State University in 2002.
His interests are in developing project and laboratory based curriculum for educating undergraduate biomedical engineers, and in developing assistive and adaptive devices for underserved markets.
He currently directs the Biomedical Engineering Capstone Courses and is developing lab and project based activities throughout the four year undergraduate program.
His current device project is developing a prone infant mobility assist device for 2-8 month old infants with motor system disorders. This work is in collaboration with Dr. Jill Heathcock, Director of the Infant Lab at Ohio State University. This project is an example of involving undergraduates throughout their careers at GWU.
- Wednesday: 3:30-4:30pm; Thursday: 10:00 - 11:00 am
- B.A., Maryville College, 1982
- M.S., San Jose State University, 1995
- Ph.D., Ohio State University, 2002
- Jed Johnson, Andy Niehaus, Sylvain Nichols, David Lee, Justin Koespel, David Anderson, and John Lannutti. Electrospun PCL in Vitro: a Microstructural Basis for Mechanical Property Changes. J. Biomaterials Science. 20(467-481)2009.
- Jeremy Gaumer, Aakrit Prasad, David Lee, John J. Lannutti. Structure-Function Relationships and Source-to-Ground Distance in Electrospun Polycaprolactone, Acta Biomaterialia. DOI 10.1016/j.actbio.2009.01.021 (2009).
- D.T. Lee, J.P. Pelz, and Bharat Bhushan, Scanning capacitance microscopy for thin film measurements, Nanotechnology 17(1484-1491) 2006.
- D.T. Lee, J.P. Pelz, and Bharat Bhushan, Instrumentation for direct, low frequency scanning capacitance microscopy, and analysis of position dependent stray capacitance, Review of Scientific Instruments 73(3525-3533) 2002.
- D.T. Lee, J.P. Pelz, and Bharat Bhushan, Review of Scientific Instruments 73(3525-3533) 2002 was selected for the October 7, 2002 issue of the Virtual Journal of Nanoscale Science & Technology. http://www.vjnano.org
- J.E. Zengel, D.T. Lee, M.L.C. Van Veelen, and D.R. Mosier. E_ects of Calcium Channel Blockers on Stimulation-Induced Changes in Transmitter Release at the Frog Neuromuscular Junction. Synapse. 15, pp. 251-262 (1993).
- J.P. Pelz, D. T. Lee, Bharat Bhushan, US Patent Number 6,856,145 Direct, Low Frequency Capacitance Measurement for Scanning Capacitance Microscopy. awarded 15 Feb. 2005
- J.P. Pelz, D. T. Lee, Bharat Bhushan, US Patent Number 7,023,220 Method for measuring nm- scale tip-sample capacitance. awarded 4 April 2006
- Reviewer of conference papers for American Society for Engineering Education